Be not afraid to draw close to your Creator Who loves you and cares for you and knows what is truly good for you. If you have wandered from Him, be not afraid to turn back and be reconciled in His Peace.
In my personal experience, this is how it works for those who are wayward like lost sheep who hear the Good Shepherd, though not intelligibly, and begin the process of returning to the fold:
1. Awareness…waking up.
2. Calling…listening more to God.
3. Reorientation…getting in line with God’s Holy Will.
4. Wounding…sometimes the Doctor has to reset a broken leg to make it right again.
5. Ingratiation…God filling us with Grace.
6. Healing…God fixing our persons, body and soul.
7. Instruction…putting new wine into new wine skins.
8. Intimacy with God…getting much closer and much more personal now to God.
9. Understanding God…sort of like being married and finding the likeness of God in your spouse and visa versa.
All of the above happened and happens still gradually. We only need to be docile to this calling and embrace it. There is no rush; allow God to move you at His pace. Be open to His inspirations which He sends in the Holy Spirit, and comply lovingly and trustingly. Be not afraid to draw very close to your Creator who calls you for your own good.